EMITRIT® high-temperature emulsifier for making hydrocarbon emulsions
Emulsifier EMITRIT® is specially designed to make hydrocarbon based emulsions used at drilling, killing of wells with extremely low reservoir pressure for maintenance and repair works, for the wells with lost circulation, for leveling of injectivity profile of injection wells, for redistribution of filtration flows at water shut off and for flow diverting at acidic stimulation with low pressure in carbonate and sandstone reservoirs and at massive acidizing of production wells. Emulsifier EMITRIT® is recommended for the application in high temperature conditions (up to 100°C / 212˚F).
Emulsifier EMITRIT® is a complex composition consisting of high unsaturated fatty acid esters dissolved in hydrocarbon solvents with adding of high temperature stabilizers.
- Flow diverting at acid stimulation of production wells with carbonate and sandstone reservoirs with watering level up to 70%.
- Flow diverting at massive acidizing treatment of the wells in carbonate fractured reservoirs with low formation pressure.
- Injection wells with carbonate and sandstone reservoirs with the injectivity of up to 500 m3 per day (conformance control).
- Killing of wells with abnormally low pressure
Viscous liquid with the color varying from
light yellow to dark brown
|Density at 20˚С /68˚F, g/cm3||0.80-0.90|
Concentration of main material by mass,
%, not less than
|Freezing point, not more than||Minus 40˚С / minus 40˚F|
Properties of Hydrocarbon Emulsions Stabilized With EMITRIT®
Depending on the ratio of water and hydrocarbon phases emulsifier EMITRIT® allows to get stable hydrophobic emulsions with the densities ranging from 950 to 1 300 kg/m3 (7.9 – 10.85 ppg) with different viscosity and structural-and-rheological properties.
The emulsions are thermostable, no banding into water and organic phase is observed even at the temperatures of 100°C / 212˚F.
Customer Benefits of Hydrocarbon Emulsions Stabilized With EMITRIT®
- Termostability of emulsions with emulsifier EMITRIT® at the temperatures of 100°C.
- Emulsions are non-damaging for the reservoir and preserve its characteristics.
- Emulsion have high pumpability.
- Use of the emulsions reduces the period of resumption of stable output of the wells after maintenance and repair works.
- Preventing lost circulations.
- Low corrosiveness of hydrocarbon emulsions comparing with formation waters and brines.
- Selective performance (in contact with oil the emulsions are getting thinner and are carried through the formation, in contact with formation water the emulsion viscosity and structural characteristics increase building up the resistance to the filtration of water and thus reducing the water permeability of the zone).
- Prolonged effect after the application.
Process Technique & Consumption
As water component for the hydrophobic emulsions some mineralized produced waters or brine solutions (NaCl, CaCl2, etc.) can be used.
For hydrocarbon component is it possible to use crude oil.
To convert brine phase and hydrocarbon phase into the state of emulsion emulsifier EMITRIT® is used. Approximate consumption of EMITRIT® makes about 3-4 % from the ready emulsion by volume.
To get the information on technique of application and to select the optimal consumption of EMITRIT® it is recommended to contact the specialists of Sales & Service Department of Polyex company.
Emulsifier EMITRIT® is delivered in metal drums with the capacity of 227 l. Transportation of the chemical with railway cisterns and tank-cars is also allowed.
Emulsifier EMITRIT® is certified for the application in oil-and-gas field.