EKS-EM® emulsifier for making hydrocarbon emulsions
Emulsifier EKS-EM® is designed to make hydrocarbon based emulsions used at drilling, killing of the wells with extremely low reservoir pressure for maintenance and repair works, for the wells with lost circulation, for leveling of injectivity profile of injection wells with the temperature under 70°С, and as a flow-diverting chemical at acid stimulation and massive acidizing of production wells in sandstone and carbonate reservoirs.
Emulsifier EKS-EM® is a complex composition consisting of emulsifying components and specific additives for decreasing of freezing point and improving stability of emulsion. Emulsifier EKS-EM® grade A and grade V are ready products containing hydrocarbon phase and emulsifying agent. Emulsifier EKS-EM® grade B is a concentrated chemical for making the oil-based emulsions and needing adding of hydrocarbon.
Flow diverting at acid stimulation of production wells with carbonate and sandstone reservoirs with watering level up to 60%.
Flow diverting at large volume acidizing of production wells in carbonate fractured reservoirs with low formation pressure.
Conformance control in injection wells with carbonate and sandstone reservoirs with the injectivity of up to 700 m3 per day.
- Killing of wells with abnormally low pressure.
Oily mobile liquid with the color varying from light brown to black,
some precipitation is permitted
|Density at 20 ºС, g/cm3||0.80-0.86||Not more than 0.92||0.85-0.92|
Concentration of main material by mass, %,
not less than
|Freezing point, °С, not more than||
Depends on the
Properties of Hydrocarbon Emulsions Stabilized With EKS-EM®
Depending on the type and the ratio of hydrocarbon water and phases emulsifier EKS-EM® allows to get stable hydrophobic emulsions with the density ranging from 950 to 1 300 kg/m3 with different viscosities and structural-and-rheological properties. The emulsions are thermostable, no banding of water and organic phase is observed at the temperature of under 70°C.
Customer Benefits of Hydrocarbon Emulsions Stabilized With EKS-EM®
- Emulsions are non-damaging for the reservoir.
- Emulsions have high pumpability.
- When used as killing fluid it reduces the period of resumption of stable output of the wells after maintenance and repair work.
- Preventing lost circulations.
- Low corrosiveness of hydrocarbon emulsions as compared with formation waters and brines.
- Selective performance (in contact with oil the emulsions are getting thinner and are carried through the formation, in contact with formation water the viscosity and structural characteristics of the emulsions increase, it increases the resistance to the filtration of water and reduces the permeability of the zone).
- Prolonged effect after the application.
- Low consumption of emulsifier and hydrocarbon component.
As a water component for the hydrophobic emulsions it is possible to use mineralized produced waters or brines (solutions of NaCl, CaCl2, etc.).
To make hydrocarbon emulsion brine or mineralized water is added into a ready hydrocarbon phase (in case EKS-EM® grade A and EKS-EM® grade V are used).
When EKS-EM® grade B is used to prepare hydrocarbon phase it is possible to use crude oil as a hydrocarbon component .
To select the optimal design of application and consumption of EKS-EM® it is recommended to contact the specialists of sales and Service Department of Polyex company.
Emulsifier EKS-EM® is delivered in metal drums with the capacity of 200 l. Emulsifier EKS-EM® is combustible liquid.
Emulsifier EKS-EM® is certified for the application in oil & gas industry.