Acid stimulation fluid for oil & gas production wells in sandstone reservoirs KSPEO-3 TTU 2122-067-53501222-2008
Acid stimulation fluids KSPEO-3Т are designed for the stimulation of oil and gas production wells in sandstone reservoirs with the level of clayiness under 5 % with reservoir temperatures under 40°C. Acid stimulation fluids show the properties of a water-repelling agent for porous rock. They also work as crude demulsifiers and contain HCl corrosion inhibitor protecting the equipment in the fields.
Before the stimulation of oil and gas production wells with acid stimulation fluids KSPEO-3T the spacer of KSPEO-2 is injected into a well.
Acid stimulation fluids KSPEO-3T are HCl-based compounds in which special complex of surfactants, corrosion inhibitors and modifying agents are added. KSPEO-3T is available in two grades varying in HCl concentration: KSPEO-3 grade TA and KSPEO-3 grade TB.
- Stimulation of oil and gas recovery in production wells in sandstone reservoirs with watering level up to 60%, especially when the production wells reduced the productivity due to precipitation and blockage of the critical area of formation with inorganic matters, and due to oil-water emulsions.
- Fresh well development after drilling operations, well switching to new production horizons, re-start of the wells after conservation.
|Grade||KSPEO-3 grade TA||KSPEO-3 grade TB|
|Appearance||Liquid, varying from colorless to dark|
Mass concentration of acid,
%, in the range of
Mass concentration of
hydrogen fluoride, %,
within the range of
Specific gravity at 20°C,
g/cm3, not less than
- High permeability in rock porous area of the reservoir due to low inter-phase tension between oil and KSPEO compound.
- Low reaction speed for sandstones, which allows deep penetration of the compound into the formation.
- Ability to stabilize iron ions in diluted state when dissolving ferruginous rocks and precipitates.
- Dissolving power for salts and hydrocarbon.
- Effective prevention of forming trice oil-and-acid emulsions of high-viscosity.
- High dispersive power for asphaltenes, resins and paraffins (the size of paraffin resins and paraffins dispersed particles in the acid fluid KSPEO-3T is not bigger than 1 mm).
- Low corrosiveness.
Complex acid stimulation fluid KSPEO-3 grade TA is supplied as a ready-to-use working solution.
KSPEO-3 grade TB is supplied in concentrated form. The working solution is to be prepared at site before the beginning of acidizing operation. Concentrated compound is diluted with fresh water with the ratio 1:1 by volume.
The working fluid is pumped into the formation with average consumption of 1.2-1.5 m3 per one meter of payzone. The amount of KSPEO-2 spacer pumped before KSPEO-3T depends on the conditions of the well.
To select the optimal design of application, i.e. consumption of acidizing compound, technique of application, it is recommended to contact the specialists of Service Department of Polyex company.
КСПЭО-3T is delivered in PE containers with the capacity of 1 m3, in rubberized cisterns or in acid tank trucks.
Complex acid stimulation fluid KSPEO-4 is certified for the application in oil-and-gas field.